Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Proud, just like my mother planned it

My father googled me the other day.
Seriously?!?! ...I'm less than impressed
He's apparently unaware that our google search bar saves the last 20 or so searches, because I innocently went to search for something, and I noticed that the last THREE searches were different ways of trying to find me (and specifically this blog!) online. Obviously he didn't find anything, because I have made sure that I am certifiably un-googleable (by things that people IRL would associate with me), and he was foolish enough to think I would use my real name.
I think he thought he'd find something along the line of:


Really?! REEALLY?!
And this comes after he specifically said he wouldn't try to find me online. I think that's really when I became angry.. I'm almost 23! I'm not pretending that I'm some wise sage or anything, but I protect my online privacy (and regular privacy!) a lot more than most people I know.. like, my BOSS for example (or former boss?? I'm not really sure where he disappeared to..) who has his entire life open to anyone who has a facebook account.
Also, I don't really use the desktop computer for anything (I have a laptop..weee!) except if I need the printer or if I have 5 minutes to play Spider Solitaire, so nothing would be in the History, if he even knows how to look at that..
Gahhhh... See? This is why I took like 3 days to write about it.. because it's just a whole lot of ranting. I still haven't said anything to him about it, but I've told mom, and she's on my side about that being a total invasion of my space.
Ok, I think I should stop now before I just start going in circles..

Listening to: Tegan & Sara - Take Me Anywhere

1 comment:

  1. hey you! i've got a blog too hehe keep in touch :)
    and that's unfortunate about your dad :P

    ReplyDelete